Έλα τώρα κι εσύ στην παρέα των fan του One Piece. Σ'αρέσει το One Piece; Τότε ανέβα στο κατάστρωμα!!

New episode is available
Anime is on break
New chapter available
Manga is on break

Μη Συνδεδεμενος Παρακαλώ συνδεθείτε ή εγγραφείτε

Viz Translation.

Μετάβαση στη σελίδα : Επιστροφή  1, 2, 3, 4

Επισκόπηση προηγούμενης Θ.Ενότητας Επισκόπηση επόμενης Θ.Ενότητας Πήγαινε κάτω  Μήνυμα [Σελίδα 4 από 4]

76 Απ: Viz Translation. Την / Το Δευ 15 Μαϊος 2017, 20:32

Deathracer2009

Vice Admiral Smoker
Vice Admiral Smoker
Chapter 865: Hey, Mother

- In Mangastream, Cavendish is describing something that happened when he "was a young boy". While that does seem to match the picture in his thought-bubble, Jaimini's Box just uses "in the past" while VIZ uses "years ago".

- In the MS bubble where Caesar is thinking "So then what's the hold-up?", while it basically has the same message, that's an MS-exclusive; JB and VIZ both say "And yet--!" there.

- In part of Reiju's thoughts, both scanlations say "I'm saved/I've been saved!", so I'm guessing that's probably the actual translation of the original words there. However, the official translation fills that in a little more, saying "I feel like my heart has been redeemed at last!"

- Similarly, when Katakuri's mochi is rushing towards Luffy, both scanlations have Luffy shout "You bastard!", so again, I'm sure that's what the original Japanese actually said, too. However, the official has him say "You want this?!", referring to the picture in his hands.

- Bege's one-liner as he and his men prepare to shoot Big Mom is different in each version. MS uses "Time for a dirt nap!" (which I'm reasonably certain is not a literal translation, lol), JB says "Ciao" (which fits their Mafia theme), and VIZ goes for "See you in hell" (which, again, is probably a loose translation, but it's pretty fun).

- In the official, Big Mom's words when thinking about Mother Carmel included "Nobody...will hear me out" (in the places where the scanlations say "nobody will listen to me"), and the final line of panels say "Where did you go? Why did you just up and vanish?"

77 Απ: Viz Translation. Την / Το Τρι 30 Μαϊος 2017, 01:59

Deathracer2009

Vice Admiral Smoker
Vice Admiral Smoker
Chapter 866

- Mangastream has Linlin say "Are Mommy and the others going somewhere?", making it sound like she's talking to the pair of people with her about her mother. Both Jaimini's Box and VIZ make it clear that the woman there is her mother, as Linlin is directly addressing her as "Mama" (and in VIZ, she also calls the man there "Papa").

- MS has Linlin's father telling her mother, "Quit crying already!", which makes him seem pretty insensitive. However, both JB and VIZ instead say "Don't cry yet". What's more, MS mentions "casualties", implying that Linlin has killed people at age 5, whereas the other two translations use "destruction" (JB) and "damage" (VIZ). In fact, Linlin's father in general sounds less harsh in the VIZ version: "Don't cry yet, my dear! After all the damage she caused, exile was a merciful sentence! She was just too much for us."

- All three translations describe Dorry and Brogy disappearing slightly differently: MS just uses "It's a legend", JB says "Or so the legend goes", and VIZ states "They passed into legend".

- Both scanlations have Carmel promising, "I will lead/guide them!" (as in, the giants), whereas the official translation has her say "I will show you the way!" (as in, everyone present), and says "you" again in the next part in a place where the scanlations didn't use any pronouns at all: "I can guide you to a brighter world . . ."

- MS calls her orphanage the "Lamb's House", while JB uses "Sheep's House". VIZ names it "House of Lambs".

- The line from the one kid about "They dumped you here like a load of garbage" is another MS-ism. Both JB and VIZ just say she was abandoned. Later, the line about Linlin giving the bear "a spanky" is another one; the latter two translations use "hit/smacked him".

- When Linlin is crying after accidentally killing the bear, she is saying "Why" in MS, "How weird" in JB, and "It doesn't make sense" in VIZ.

- Both Jaimini's and VIZ clarify that Eyri (the one whom Linlin tried to smack a mosquito off of) is one of the Giants, which MS did not specify.

- In both scanlations, after asking everyone to forgive Linlin, Carmel calls her "a kind girl". The official version has her say "She only means well!"

- The official translation also has Oimo refer to himself in the third person.

- MS has another giant tell Hajrudin "Fight with yourself!", with the implication of 'I'm not gonna spar with you, do it yourself'. However, the other two translations use "Your true opponent is yourself" (or something similar in JB's case), as a way to tell him he needs further discipline. Also, the two former Giant leaders call him by his full name, Hajrudin, in MS, but use the nickname "Rydin" for him instead in the other two versions. (Or maybe that's the name of the trainer? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

- The names of said former Giant leaders are also a bit different in each version. For the first one, he is called "Yorle Fallbeard" by MS, "Waterfallbeard Jorl" by JB, and "Beardfall Jorul" by VIZ. The second guy is named "Yarle Mountbeard" by MS, "Mountainbeard Jarl" by JB, and "Beardhill Jarul" by VIZ. (So in other words, MS messed up the order of the surnames and given names, and VIZ swapped the order of the two words that make up their surnames.)

- MS just has them say that they've come to call on the children "of the village". In JB and VIZ, they explicitly say they're inviting the children from the House of Lambs.

- After proclaiming that they're celebrating the birth of Prince Loki, MS also names three others: Rold, Gold, and Balg. Jaimini's rolls all three into one: a lord born in the village, "Goldberg". VIZ, meanwhile, has two names, like Sandman said above: "Rodo" and "Goldberg".

- The name of the young Giant girl who was explaining traditions to Linlin is different in all versions, too: "Gerth" in MS, "Gelz" in JB, and "Gerd" in VIZ.

78 Απ: Viz Translation. Την / Το Κυρ 16 Ιουλ 2017, 15:01

Heavenly Yaksha

• Mangastream calls the chapter "Go, Caesar!"; however, Jaimini's Box and VIZ both name it "You Can Do It, Caesar!"
  • As you might expect, Caesar's line of "Farewell, cruel world!" after Perospero puts up the Candy Wall is an MS fabrication. And his line later (after they break through it) about not going "up to those pearly gates" is an exaggeration: JB and VIZ both have him say "I refuse to die here, dammit!" (or similar in JB's case)
  • Vito's fanboying over the Vinsmokes breaking the Candy Wall is even more obvious in the official version, where he says, "Yeah, baby! They broke through the Candy Wall! Love that Germa!"
  • After Stussy shoots Du Feld with her Flying Finger Pistol, MS has her call him "my dumb, dead friend". Neither other translation has her say anything about him being dead (though since this is One Piece, he may still be alive regardless): she instead calls him "dummy" in JB and "you fool" in VIZ, with a "♥" after it in both versions that MS left out.
  • Stussy's words to Morgans after he asks to still get the scoop on the Tamate Box's contents are a little different; in the scanlations, she says it's okay as long as he just takes pictures, and calls him an "information manipulator", but in the official, her reply to his request is "As long as you keep your feathers off of it. You really do know how to play the game...as any good spin doctor would." Also, Morgans says that he'll sue Stussy for calling him that in the scanlations, but in the official, he just replies "That's defamation! I'm a newsman!"
  • Both scanlations also have Big Mom say "You told me on Fishman Island, didn't you, Straw Hat?!" but the official expands it a little to say "I remember what you did, Straw Hat! What you dared to say to me at Fishman Island!"
  • I personally wasn't completely sure what Judge was trying to say at some parts of his monologue to Big Mom, so I'll just transcribe it here: "But our dream has already ended! In the wake of a dream of just 66 days, our ancestors were left as wandering ghosts unable to set foot on their homeland! And now I have disgraced their memory! To think that I entrusted you with the soul of three centuries of longing...I despise myself!" Also, it's worth noting that, for that last sentence, JB had something similar ("I can only hate myself for that!"), MS once again said something different. ("Curse you, foul villain!")
  • Another weird MS line, after Caesar tells the Brûlée image of him to get out of the way, the next words are "Me?! You can't mean me!" which is worded kinda clumsily and makes it hard to tell who's talking. JB and VIZ both make it clear that it's still Caesar, reacting in surprise at seeing his reflection: "Are you me?! No, you can't be me!"

79 Απ: Viz Translation. Την / Το Πεμ 21 Σεπ 2017, 10:39

Deathracer2009

Vice Admiral Smoker
Vice Admiral Smoker
Volume 87 (Chapters 870-878):

Chapter 870:

- The Mangastream name for the chapter is "Farewell"; however, both Jaimini's Box and VIZ use "Parting".

- In the scanlations, Chiffon asks Big Mom to forgive/spare them and overlook what they did. The official translation has her ask Big Mom, "Please, just let us go, I beg of you!"

- Mangastream has Big Mom tell Chiffon and co. not to think they'll live to eat breakfast tomorrow. JB and VIZ both say "snacks" instead, but phrase the sentence differently; JB says "Don't think that you'll be able to eat snacks tomorrow!", while in VIZ, her words are "You won't be getting any snacks tomorrow, that's for sure!"

- MS had a typo where Amande(?) says that, if Big Mom destroys the castle/kills Bege, "We'll all be thrown out of here!" Naturally, JB and VIZ get it right, as she's talking about those inside the castle.

- Both scanlations have Smoothie comment that they've been underestimated, while the official translation says "What disrespect. They thought they could walk all over us." All three versions do have her say something about making an example of them, though they're all phrased a bit differently. The scanlations say "string/hang them up", but the official says "wring them out" (which is her power).

- In MS, Luffy exclaims that he'll go out and beat "'em all" to a pulp (as in, everybody), but both JB and VIZ have him say he'll "send her flying" (JB) / "smash her" (VIZ), as in just Big Mom herself.

- Bege's words after taking more hits are a little different in each version: in MS, he says he's "in pieces" and "won't let" the Straw Hat crew be "the onlys ones makin' it big". In JB, the words are that the SH group are "the only ones succeeding" while the Firetanks "fail miserably" and that he "can't live this down". Finally, VIZ phrases it that Bege's "plans are in utter ruin" while the SHs' "are a rousing success", and "[Bege doesn't] like it, not one bit."

- In the official version, when Bege is declaring that the people he cares about are still here, his words are, "But...I do care about my men! And the wife and son that I love!"

- MS has Sanji refer to Zeff as his boss, but in both JB and VIZ, he calls Zeff his father instead. Furthermore, MS has Sanji demand that Judge "admit it", and "tell" Sanji he's not his father. JB instead has him demand that Judge "accept it", and VIZ uses "admit it" as well, but then both just have him shout outright that Judge isn't his father (rather than that part about "tell me you're not").

- Also, both scanlations have him tell Judge not to show his face around "us" (as in, Sanji and his friends, I'd assume), but in the official translation, he just says "me".

- When Sanji stops Luffy from following the rest of the Vinsmokes, in MS he says that that's their way of "dealing with things" (which is rather vague). In JB, he says "That's their resolve", and in VIZ, it's "This is their means of making amends."

- In the scanlations, Ichiji refers to "the weak ones" in general, but in the official, he's specifically talking about Reiju: "It's her fault for being weak!" Also, both scanlations have Reiju saying that Ichiji's words are "not cute" and saying she won't be done in so easily, while the official has her call him "a horrid brother" and add, "Fine, forget about me. I can handle myself!"

Chapter 871:

- Mangastream calls the chapter "Go, Caesar!"; however, Jaimini's Box and VIZ both name it "You Can Do It, Caesar!"

- As you might expect, Caesar's line of "Farewell, cruel world!" after Perospero puts up the Candy Wall is an MS fabrication. And his line later (after they break through it) about not going "up to those pearly gates" is an exaggeration: JB and VIZ both have him say "I refuse to die here, dammit!" (or similar in JB's case)

- Vito's fanboying over the Vinsmokes breaking the Candy Wall is even more obvious in the official version, where he says, "Yeah, baby! They broke through the Candy Wall! Love that Germa!"

- After Stussy shoots Du Feld with her Flying Finger Pistol, MS has her call him "my dumb, dead friend". Neither other translation has her say anything about him being dead (though since this is One Piece, he may still be alive regardless): she instead calls him "dummy" in JB and "you fool" in VIZ, with a "♥" after it in both versions that MS left out.

- Stussy's words to Morgans after he asks to still get the scoop on the Tamate Box's contents are a little different; in the scanlations, she says it's okay as long as he just takes pictures, and calls him an "information manipulator", but in the official, her reply to his request is "As long as you keep your feathers off of it. You really do know how to play the game...as any good spin doctor would." Also, Morgans says that he'll sue Stussy for calling him that in the scanlations, but in the official, he just replies "That's defamation! I'm a newsman!"

- Both scanlations also have Big Mom say "You told me on Fishman Island, didn't you, Straw Hat?!" but the official expands it a little to say "I remember what you did, Straw Hat! What you dared to say to me at Fishman Island!"

- I personally wasn't completely sure what Judge was trying to say at some parts of his monologue to Big Mom, so I'll just transcribe it here: "But our dream has already ended! In the wake of a dream of just 66 days, our ancestors were left as wandering ghosts unable to set foot on their homeland! And now I have disgraced their memory! To think that I entrusted you with the soul of three centuries of longing...I despise myself!" Also, it's worth noting that, for that last sentence, JB had something similar ("I can only hate myself for that!"), MS once again said something different. ("Curse you, foul villain!")

- Another weird MS line, after Caesar tells the Brûlée image of him to get out of the way, the next words are "Me?! You can't mean me!" which is worded kinda clumsily and makes it hard to tell who's talking. JB and VIZ both make it clear that it's still Caesar, reacting in surprise at seeing his reflection: "Are you me?! No, you can't be me!"

Chapter 872:

- Each version of the chapter uses a different first word in the chapter title: Mangastream calls it "Soft and Fluffy", Jaimini's Box uses "Gooey and Fluffy", and VIZ uses "Thick and Fluffy".

- In the flashback, when Neptune asks the Minister of the Right if there's a chance the bomb won't explode, the Minister's response in MS ("No, my king! Positive thinking!") makes it sound like he's saying "no, there's no chance of that, that's just wishful thinking". However, JB and VIZ both have the Minister encouraging that positive thinking, with the VIZ version being, "Erm...it's good to think positive, your majesty!"

- The room that the scanlations call "Einbaum" (German for "dugout", as JB notes) is called the "Red Bean Baum" room in the official translation.

- In the official version, Caesar's reaction after Bege says "It's perfect!" isn't much different, but I chuckled at the wording of it: Caesar says "Who in the why did what now?!"

- As the castle is falling and the townspeople are panicking, MS has someone say "Even if we ran, there's no one here to save us!" With JB and VIZ, however, they're saying that running away won't work: JB says "Even running away won't save us!", and VIZ, "No one's fast enough to run away in time!"

- Streusen's song again rhymes in the official version: "The only thing is pain and strife / There is no thick and fluffy life". Also, while the scanlations showed that the name of Streusen's technique was in German in the original version, the official translation alters it to a punny English name: "Gourmetamorphosis".

- As the now-transformed chateau is falling and the citizens are yelling "It's all over!", the one citizen who says "Here it comes!" in MS and "We're done for!" in JB instead shouts "Oh, the humanity!" in VIZ.

- After Caesar has his heart back and shouts back at them that they'll never cross paths again, he doesn't call out Nami specifically in the official version like he does in the scanlations; he just says "So long, suckers and suckettes!"

- After Bege nails the sign down, Sanji's words in all three versions are different, though MS is the most different ("Quit it with the stupid gags!"). JB instead has him say "Don't do something so unnecessary and then leave!", while in VIZ it's "Is this sign really necessary?!"

Chapter 873:

- On the original cover of the magazine, several characters from other SJ series were also holding the pirate hat symbol thing. On the VIZ cover version (which frequently simplifies them), only Luffy is shown.

- The punny name of the chapter is different for each version. Mangastream calls it "In a Sweet Bind", Jaimini's Box is "Trapped Like Sweets in a Cage", and VIZ's is "Recipe for Disaster".

- Count Niwatori's words about Bege differ a little bit in each version as well: In MS, he states "And here I was, believing in your strength like an idiot!"; JB has "And I even thought highly about your ability-noir!", and VIZ says "To think that I actually put le trust in you!"

- Both of the scanlations suggest that, if anyone on the roof were responsible for the explosion, they'd be suicidal. However, the official version actually says "If they did that, it was suicidal. They were up on the roof with us!", implying that he was talking about a specific group of people.

- The two scanlations, when talking about Jimbei's actions and the Sun Pirates fleeing, seemed to be saying two very different things. (MS says that Jimbei took back his request to leave long enough for them to escape, while JB says that Jimbei requested to leave in front of Big Mom on purpose to that her flying into a rage would signal them to leave.) The official version is closer to the MS version, but the MS version's first sentence is a little weird:

• MS Version: "Mama's state of mind was clear. Jinbe told them what was going on, and temporarily postponed his defection to allow his friends to escape."

• JB Version: "It's clear that Jinbe withdrew from the crew in front of Mama, so that she would fly into a fiery rage, signaling to his crew for them to run."

• VIZ Version: "He knew that Mama's rage would spread, so he took back his request to leave temporarily, in order to give his comrades time to escape."

[/list]

- The scanlations just have the townspeople commenting about Big Mom's eating disorder, "I can't believe she's having another attack so soon!" or similar, but in the official version, they explicitly say that this short interval between them doesn't not happen: "She's never had her fits on such a short interval like this!"

- MS has Perospero say that they "saved some extra cake", more vague than JB and VIZ specifically stating that "There was a backup cake".

- Also, after Big Mom leaves and Perospero notes that he's dead when Big Mom comes back, Smoothie for some reason says "I've bought time". The line is supposed to be referring to Perospero's stunt, and is more correct in the other versions: "But we managed to earn some time."/"But that did buy us some time." Also, where the scanlations had Perospero saying that he'll be dead once Big Mom comes back, it's left ambiguous who's saying those speech bubbles between Smoothie and Perospero, and is commenting that they'll all be done for when she comes back.

- The special ingredients that the BMP stole from other countries are given a different name in each version: "illusion" ingredients in MS, "mythical" ingredients in JB, and "legendary" ingredients in VIZ.

- The speech bubble after Perospero comments that Big Mom didn't get to eat the cake is implied to also be spoken by him in MS ("Which means, our order this time around,"), but in JB and VIZ, it's implied to be Smoothie replying ("...Then, this time's "sweet theme" is?!"/"Then...what will her order be?!").

- Pudding's comment about the wedding cake being chocolate chiffon was different in each version, too. In MS, she says "The wedding cake itself was a chocolate chiffon cake" (as in, the one that got destroyed); JB says "The wedding cake this time will be a chocolate chiffon cake" (as in, the new one they're going to make); VIZ goes with "This wedding cake was supposed to be a chocolate chiffon cake" (presumably, also the destroyed one?)

- Pudding also says about Chiffon in the MS version, "Oh, I'll tell her a thing or two" rather than the lines about making Chiffon listen to her in the JB and VIZ versions. Furthermore, she also states in MS that Sanji "insulted" her, rather than "disgraced/humiliated" her in JB and VIZ respectively.

- Like in previous chapters, the "-jyuu" that Kingbaum put at the end of his sentences that was kept in the scanlations is changed to tree puns in the official the first time, he says his wounds are "acornizing" (agonizing), and the second time he calls the Straw Hat group a "thorn in [his] side". Also, Lady Tree calls him "Kin-chan" in the original, and this is changed to "Kingy" in the official translation.

Chapter 874:

- The name of Big Mom's first attack in each version is different: Mangastream calls it "Foreign Threat", Jaimini's Box uses "Nation's Might", and VIZ goes with "Ikoku Sovereignty".

- Kingbaum refers to Lady Tree as his "tree-ancee", lol.

- Pedro comments, in both scanlations, "She's like a demon", not making it clear if he means Nami or Big Mom. The official translation clarifies he's referring to Nami, as his line there says "She's like a slave driver".

- In the scanlations, Luffy comments that Zeus is "just a cloud"; in the official, he calls him a "boring cloud". Also, when Nami makes Zeus the offer for it to be her servant, his response is "What should I do?" in the scanlations but "Oh man, that's so tempting!" in the official.

- Luffy's description of the forest is different in each version ("mischievous" in MS, "troublesome" in JB, "annoying" in VIZ).

- Kingbaum says "Even I" can't resist Big Mom's orders in the scanlations, but says "we" cannot disobey her orders in the official version.

- The status report on Bege in MS is just that they'll "catch up to him eventually", which is pretty uncertain about whether they will or not. The other two versions aren't quite as uncertain, saying they've "almost caught up to him" in JB and that they'll "catch up to him soon" in VIZ.

- MS and VIZ have Mont D'or saying that he'll "get in touch later"/soon with Brulee. In JB, he says he'll contact "the pursuers". Also, in the former two versions, he is telling Chocolate, Cheese, and Nuts to watch the SW coast; in JB, he seems to be telling them that battleships from other ("various") islands are watching the SW coast.

- As JB notes, in the original Japanese version, Bege starts to call Pudding "Pudding-san" before correcting himself to just "Pudding". In both the MS and VIZ version, this is translated as Bege starting to call her "Miss Pudding" before just switching to "Pudding".

Chapter 875:

- Brook's words about the shark sub in the official translation are a bit different from the scanlations, saying "Takes the shine off of getting to the sub safely!"

- After Chopper clarifies that the "mermaid" he saw is actually a merman, Brook responds with "Come on" in the Mangastream version, which sounds a little weird. He says "Oh" in Jaimini's Box and "Oh, never mind then" in VIZ. Then, when Chopper says "Look over there" to indicate where the merman is, Brook gives a terse "Whatever" in MS, but instead it's "There's no need" in JB and "I've lost interest already" in VIZ.

- MS just has Luffy state that the wedding cake "was really good". JB and VIZ both clarify that it's one of the best cakes he's ever had, with VIZ's words being "But it's gonna be hard to find another cake as good as that one!"

- MS also has Luffy yell at Prometheus for burning "these trees", implying he means all the trees in the woods. However, JB and VIZ show that he specifically meant Kingbaum, with Luffy saying in VIZ, "You're gonna get it for burning that tree guy!"

- JB notes that, when Jimbei uses his Murasame attack, it uses different characters than the previous times he used it (this time meaning "Rain Shower" instead of "School of Sharks"). MS just went with "Passing Shower". Sadly, VIZ does not give a clarification here, just calling the attack "Murasame" once more.

- Chopper's and Brook's reactions after Nami's huge attack with Zeus are a little different in each version: Both of the scanlations have Brook saying that "they should be/everything's fine", while in the official he says "Um...I certainly hope..." In MS, Chopper says "Luffy, I mean" (?), in JB he says "Luffy, everyone!", while in the official version he continues Brook's thought by saying "...they're all right...".

- Brook's reply after Perospero offers to let them all go is a bit different in each one as well: "I refuse" in MS, "There's no need for that" in JB, and "No thank you" in VIZ.

- Chiffon just says they haven't "baked together" in ages in MS, but JB and VIZ clarify that they haven't "made a cake together".

- Chiffon's reaction to Pudding's sudden mood swing in VIZ is pretty interesting. In MS she just says "What the-?!" and in JB it's "That's what you meant?!" (see T/N), but in VIZ, she says "Wait, which one are you?!", which much more heavily indicates split personality than the scanlations did. Whether that's on purpose or a mistake, I suppose we'll find out next chapter.

Chapter 876: Pudding Coincidentally Appears!:

- VIZ wording of the chapter's name is identical to Mangastream's: "Pudding Coincidentally Appears!"

- In the MS version, when Jimbei hears Big Mom's footsteps, he says "Impossible. There's no--", making it seem like he believed she would be defeated by that blast and is being proven wrong. JB, however, says "As I thought, it was impossible.", which instead suggests that he believed that attack wouldn't be enough to defeat her. VIZ version concurs with JB: "I figured it wouldn't be enough..."

- When stating "I know you have it!" about the cake, she addresses the crew as a whole in MS ("You Straw Hats!"), but just Luffy specifically in JB and VIZ ("Straw Hat!")

- Luffy's and Pudding's wording (about wanting to "go" (as in, go at it)) and her "Hear me out, dang it!" are MS-isms. In both JB and VIZ, Luffy asks her if she wants to "fight", and after she says no, her words are "Just listen to me!"

- MS also says "Big Mom's about to break through the surface!" when the image clearly shows that she's standing on solid ground now. JB says that she "made it out" and VIZ says that she's "up on her feet". Additionally, Pudding in MS says "I'd never help you in a million years!" while she doesn't specifically mention herself in JB or VIZ, saying "Nobody will help you" in the former and "You'll never survive" in the latter.

- Evil Pudding's words about Sanji staying with her sound like more of a "come be evil with me!" invitation in the official version; instead of "Come here", she says "So come with me, Sanji!", and then, "Stand at my side and savor the living hell that is watching Mama slaughter your friends!"

- For some reason in the official translation, Chiffon says "Make the one cake that can possibly stop Mama...and then we'll let you go!", as if she's speaking on behalf of the BMP, even though she's not actually part of them.

- When switching from Evil Pudding to Good Pudding, she adds a "-san" to Sanji's name in the original Japanese and the JB version. MS and VIZ both have her call him "dear" instead, since they don't use honorfics. JB also has the crew silently commenting on how Pudding's "way of speaking the opposite of what's on her mind is amazing!", while MS and VIZ both say "Her emotions are flip-flopping like crazy!"

- Chiffon tells the rest of the group "Just try to avoid her!" while they make the cake, but in both JB and VIZ, she tells them they'll have to "hold out".

- Pudding just tells Team Luffy that they're going the wrong way in MS, but more specifically that they're heading for a wall in JB and VIZ.

- As JB notes, Pudding's "Memory Fill" technique was written with kanji for "Memory Thread". The official translation neatly combines the two by calling it "Memory Filament".

- Pudding demands to know what Sanji's doing on Rabian with them. In MS, his reply is a vague "Well, you just..", while in JB and VIZ he says he's been there "for a while" (JB) / "all along" (VIZ).

- Sanji states that the Sunny's "been damaged" in MS, which is rather misleading; he says it's "under attack" in JB and VIZ.

- When the scanlations are having Chiffon say to Sanji that there won't be time to turn back, the official translation wording is "We're not turning back! Are you okay with that?!" Sanji's wording about the cake is that it'll "knock Big Mom's lights out!"

Chapter 877: Bittersweet:

- The VIZ name of the chapter is "Bittersweet".

- The name of Sai's fiancée--spelled Uholicia in Mangastream and Uhorishia in Jaimini's Box--is instead spelled "Ooklicia" in VIZ.

- When Perospero is asking Brook and Chopper how they thought they could steal the ship back, his wording in MS is "What merry train of thought led you to believe", and in JB it's "What kind of wishful thinking were you clinging to". VIZ's version is "What kind of mushy brains are in your head".

- JB notes that, when Perospero says "underestimating" in the original Japanese version, he uses the same pronunciation as "licking". The MS and VIZ versions ignore this altogether; MS says "You must have thought me sweeter than I am!", and in VIZ it's "Your eyes were hungrier than your stomachs!"

- JB also noted, at the beginning of the chapter, that the Japanese word for "sweet" ("amai") can also refer to naïvety or easiness, which is presumably what Perospero is referring to when he says "It's quite fitting for you naïve lot." Since that double meaning naturally doesn't work in English, the MS version went with with "Perfect for a bunch of sugary pushovers like you two.", while VIZ turns it into a reference to a line from a Christmas poem in English: "Now you'll match the visions of sugarplums dancing in your heads."

- MS, naturally, is the only version that has Jimbei's "Coup de...whatchamacallit?!" JB and VIZ both just say "A Coup de...what?!"

- The official translation makes a mistake with Pedro's words to Carrot about helping set sail, having him say "Help me set sail!" despite the fact that Pedro is not getting on the ship, whereas both scanlations get it right that Carrot is helping the rest of the SHs with setting sail.

- The official version also has Jimbei say to the candy-fied Chopper and Brook, "It would be a bitter escape indeed if you died in the attempt!" Perhaps that's where the "bitter" in the "Bittersweet" title comes from?

- The scanlations both call Perospero's attack he uses to trap the ship in candy "Candy Web", but the official version uses "Candy Wave".

- Pedro's "Good riddance" before setting off the bombs is another MS-ism. He says "Farewell!" in JB and "So long!" in VIZ.

Chapter 878:Commander Pedro of the Mink Guardians:
Big -
Mom calls Pedro a "true man"/"fine man" in the scanlations, but says "I like you" in the official translation. She also tells him in the scans to "try and survive", but says "Enjoy your life!" in the official.

- Perospero calls the name "Nox Pirates" a "depressing" name in Mangastream, "half-assed" name in Jaimini's Box, and "a negative connotation to choose" in VIZ. Also, Roger's words to Pedro about everyone getting their chance (which Pedro later repeated to Carrot) are different in each: "their time to shine" in MS, "their turn" in JB, and "their moment" in VIZ.

- When Pedro is talking the dawning of the world, he explicitly calls it what the "Masters" (as in, Inuarashi and Nekomamushi) were waiting for in MS, but JB uses the more open-to-interpretation "they" . VIZ is also more open, saying "the men I look up to" (so very likely including Roger as well).

- Jimbei says "What crazy...Pedro!" in MS, which sounds kinda weird. JB has him say "What a foolish thing to do, Pedro!" and in VIZ, it's "What have you done, Pedro?!" MS also has the soldiers on the ships call Perospero "the firstborn", as if confirming he's the oldest child overall, but JB and VIZ both have him referred to as simply "the eldest son", as we already knew.

- The scans have Jimbei say "You guys!" when the candy melts off Chopper and Brook, but it's "You can breathe!" in the official. Both of the scans also have Luffy say that they wouldn't "be able to face Pedro" if they waste the moment, but instead just that they'll "throw away his sacrifice" in VIZ.

0 The scans also have Shishilion say that Carrot will become a good swordswoman "under" him (as in, trained by him). The official translation took the "under" differently, and has him say that Carrot "works for" him.

Επισκόπηση προηγούμενης Θ.Ενότητας Επισκόπηση επόμενης Θ.Ενότητας Επιστροφή στην κορυφή  Μήνυμα [Σελίδα 4 από 4]

Μετάβαση στη σελίδα : Επιστροφή  1, 2, 3, 4

Δικαιώματα σας στην κατηγορία αυτή
Δεν μπορείτε να απαντήσετε στα Θέματα αυτής της Δ.Συζήτησης